Pet Relocation to China


Pet Relocation; Import Procedures for bringing Cats & Dogs into China. Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou
You will require the following documentation for your pet:
1. Vaccination certificate(s) certifying that the pet has been vaccinated against rabies at least 30 days, but not more than 12 months prior to entering China, also must be vaccinated for other common illnesses (e.g. for Cats – cat flu, feline encephalitis etc. and for Dogs;- distemper, parvovirus, hepatitis and leptospirosis) within one year prior to the date of entry into China. The rabies certificate should be separate from any vaccination book you may have, and will be retained by the Chinese officials so we advise owners to keep copies.
2. A Veterinary Export Health Certificate issued by the country of origin. The certificate should not be issued more than ten days in advance of your pet’s arrival in China. It should include name of pet, type of pet (dog or cat ), Breed, age, sex and colour.
These are guidelines only which are subject to change. Contact the Embassy of China for current requirements.