Pet Relocation to Denmark


Relocating pets to Denmark from a EU listed member state must first have a microchip which must be implanted before the rabies vaccination is given. Then it must have an EU member state Pet Passport. The Pet Passport must be issued by a veterinarian and which must show that the pet had been vaccinated against rabies at least 21 days, but not more than 12 months, prior to travelling. For pets coming into Denmark from outside of a EU member state – there are different rules and requirements. These are guidelines only. Contact the Embassy of Denmark or other Authorities for current requirements. Border Inspection Post, Kastrup at Copenhagen Airport
Kystvejen 16 , DK-2770 Kastrup, Phone:+45 72 27 60 00 / Fax: +45 72 27 60 01
Border Inspection Post, Billund at Billund Airport, Lufthavnvej, DK-7190 Billund.
Phone: +45 72 27 55 00 / Fax: +45 72 27 55 01